I’m not really big on making New Year’s resolutions (or keeping them, for that matter), so I’m focusing instead on a few goals I’d like to accomplish in the year ahead related to further developing my gifts.
- Find another development circle and/or some other group of like-minded, supportive people to get together with on a semi-regular basis. This may take a bit of time, but as I discovered at the Mediumship Training with James Van Praagh, being around a group of people who are on the same wavelength is not only awesome, it’s incredibly motivating as well.
- Re-vamp my meditation practice. I’ve found myself getting stuck in a meditation rut lately, and therefore not doing it as often or regularly. So, my goal is to find some new meditation CDs, add some new meditation music and create a separate meditation space in my apartment, even if it’s just a chair and a few candles in the corner of the room.
- Spend more time trying out and working with various card decks, exercises and tools to discover which ones work best for me, and pass along those that don’t to others who can make better use of them.
- Avoid and eliminate, as much as possible, people, committments and situations which drain me or otherwise negatively effect me.
- Trust myself and my gifts, and trust my hunches enough to act on them.
- Remember to regularly thank those on the other side who are watching over me, and ask them for help.
- Do whatever I need to do in order to avoid wallowing in self-doubt and lack of confidence in my abilities. Remind myself that yes, it was me who got up and gave a very accurate audience reading for a total stranger in front of a room full of gifted mediums and James Van Praagh, and if I could do that, I must have a gift and it’s not all in my head.
That last one will probably be the biggest challenge, but I’m game!
Happy New Year all!